- You may experience some discomfort and bleeding the day of the surgery.
- Take all medication that was prescribed for you according to instructions.
- Apply an ice bag on your face over the surgical site on the day of surgery for 10 minutes on and 5 minutes off.
- Keep your next appointment on time for removal of sutures and follow up checks.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. Brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area and the tooth may feel loose.
- Do not smoke, spit, or use a straw on the day of the surgery (avoid smoking for a few days after the surgery).
- Should any difficulties occur, do not hesitate to call our office anytime. In case of serious emergencies call 911.